Actor Hrithik Roshan on Thursday said he has decided to shift the release date of his film "Super 30" amidst a "media circus".
A day after Rangoli Chandel took to Twitter to warn Hrithik over a box office clash between her sister and actress Kangana Ranaut's "Mental Hai Kya" and "Super 30", Hrithik issued a statement.
"So as to not allow my film to be desecrated by yet another media circus, I have decided to shift the release date of my film 'Super 30' in order to save myself from the personal trauma and toxic mental violence this would cause," Hrithik said in the statement posted on Twitter.
"Despite the film being ready, I have requested my producers to shift and announce the next suitable date as soon as possible," added the actor, who has had a personal clash with Kangana in the past.
"Over the past few years, to my utter dismay, I have been witness to a lot of us cheering and encouraging what was/is an open and blatant case of harassment. I must even now, wait patiently and silently for the collective consciousness of society to take cognizance of such matters in order to maintain our faith in civility of our society."
He concluded the statement by saying: "This unrelenting helplessness must end."
Earlier this week, the film's production banner Reliance Entertainment had announced that "Super 30" will hit the screens as scheduled on July 26 amidst a hullabaloo that its release date may be changed due to a clash with "Mental Hai Kya".
The actors were involved in a row which began after Kangana hinted at Hrithik being her "ex-boyfriend". This was followed by an exchange of legal complaints and mud-slinging.
There was a buzz that Kangana had recommended that the release date of "Mental Hai Kya" be changed so that a box office face-off with Hrithik is possible.
However, a statement on behalf of Balaji Motion Pictures has said the decision has been taken for "better box office prospects" for "Mental Hai Kya".