The Bollywood actress who is blessed with sweltering beauty. She is ravishing and attractive. She is what every man desires for and every girl desires to be. She is Kareena Kapoor Khan. And today our Bebo turns 35. the Ultimate Queen of Bollywood. Every millisecond and she has a different expression. The attitude, the smiles, the giggles... she knows just how to work her charm on and off screen. So on her birthday here 10 things ‘We Just Can’t Forget About Kareena’.
1. Kareena's debut: She was supposed to debut opposite Hrithik Roshan in Kaho Na Pyar Hai, however, she was introduced in the B-Town, with J.P Dutta’s Refugee (2000) opposite Abhishek Bachchan. Fate and conscious decision helped her bag her first Filmfare then. In a career of 15 years, Kareena has done numerous films, that bagged her applause, recognition, awards and not to forget criticism too.
2. Kareena-Hrithik’s Affair: Bebo went on to deny it in front of the media, but then it was in the air, that Hrithik and Kareena, after initially working in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, had a fling and were going around. The rumors went rife even more when the two were spotted at Dargah of Ajmer, and media cooked it that they went there to get married. But it was as they say “all rumors”. And “all rumors” were put to end when Hrithik decided to marry his childhood friend and love Suzzane Khan.
3. Kareena and her ‘cat-fights’: A labeled spoilt brat Kareena, was even tagged to be unruly and ill-mannered at the start of her career. While filming for Ajnabee, rumors were doing rounds that Kareena made a racial remark at Bipasha, calling her a ‘kaali billi’. All this was shunned by both the actresses then, but later was in hush-hush tones discussed in subsequent interviews. Well, it’s not only Bipasha, with whom Kareena had rumored cat-fights. Add to the list Priyanka Chopra. With PeeCee, Kareena has history. Their on-off, khatta-meetha, relationship has always been before the media. Be it over Heroine, Fashion, ‘sour grapes’ or whatever.
4. Kareena-Shahid’s Love Affair & Breakup: All of a suddentwo young heartthrobs of Bollywood- Shahid Kapoor and Kareena was in news. They dated for quite a few years and were ‘the couple’ amidst the glitterati. They had been very vocal about their affair to the media and went on-record discussing each other. Once so in love, but later their passion didn’t last long. After dating each other for 3 years, the two parted ways. The actual reasons are yet unknown, but the two maturely broke up and even today share cordial relationships with each other.
5. Jab We Met: Sadly Kareena and Shahid, couldn’t stay together forever, but Jab they met on screen after the break-up, it was fireworks. Despite doing a few films together, while they were dating, Bebo and Shahid couldn’t deliver a film like they gave to the audiences in terms of Jab We Met. Both went on record to say that their best films happened post them parting ways from each other. Till date, “Geet” is what we think Bebo has expressed the best on screen.
6. Saifeena: Shortly after Shahid’s departure from her love life, Bebo found soulmate in Saif Ali Khan. And Saif and Kareena, went on to be Indian version of Brangelina as Saifeena (Saif+Kareena). They dated for quite a few years and their love saga knows no bounds. Love for them got redefined and for the audiences, it was a fairy tale in the Bollyland.
7. Saif and Kareena’s marriage: These lovebirds, truly believe in happily ever after, and this fairy tale, got grander when Saif and Kareena tied a knot on 16th October 2012. That was the most talked affair and was like a dream wedding one could wish for. Kareena Kapoor was a name in itself, but when Khan got added to her last name, the Brand Kareena just got more heavier and shaandaar.
8. Kareena The Fashionista : It has to be admitted that the kind of looks Kareena has, and the way she truly accentuates it, is worth all applauses she gets. Kareena the fashionista, the Diva, the style icon, has a massive youth connect. So much so that Mrs. Khan will design a signature denim collection for an International brand that will be called Bebo. Be it beauty products, lifestyle brands, fashion labels, or even a mere soft drink Kareena has the Brand Power to sell anything.
9. Kareena The Actress: She is not just one of those actresses of eye-candy plastics walking on the screen to and fro. When time has demanded, Kareena has delivered exceptional performances in terms of acting. Even though her films might not have done wonders on Box-Office, Kareena-the-actress always left an impression on the critics and audiences. Initially, we agree Bebo, was a little too over the top in melodramatic scenes. But over the time she refined and honed her skills. Naaz, Isha, Poo, Tina, Khushi, Aliya, Neha, Anjali, Tanvi, Dolly, Geet, Ekta, Chameli, Daboo, Raina, Soniya, or Mahi Arora, these are not just characters she portrayed, but are sheer reflections of Kareena’s versatility. One should agree nobody could do “Poo” or “Geet” better than her.
10. Kareena with Golden Heart" Besides being a skilled actress, Kareena is also a highly responsible citizen. Over the years, she has participated in several activities aimed at promoting education amongst children. Moreover, nearly four years ago the actress served as ambassador of a campaign aimed at curtailing violence against women. Furthermore, last year she joined hands with the UNICEF to initiate a better learning environment in schools. As such it can safely be said this Kapoor lass is fully aware that being a celebrity entails some amount of social responsibility.